In this series of discussions I really haven’t sought to make a case for a pre-tribulation rapture, but rather, to demonstrate that there are pictures that point to something very similar throughout scripture. I believe that, when put together with all of the Scriptural arguments that have already been established by so many others, the arguments are only strengthened. I also find it intriguing that there are 7 such occurrences from Genesis to Revelation. If there are others I would be interested in hearing about them. If there are types that would seem to rebut any of these, I would be interested in hearing about them as well. So far I haven’t found any and so the 7 types remain. Here are the links and synopsis of the pre-tribulation rapture types along with the initial introduction:
- Part 1: Introduction
- Part 2: Enoch, the man who walked with God, was removed from the earth prior to the flood of Noah.
- Part 3: Lot and his family were removed from Sodom and Gomorrah prior to their destruction.
- Part 4: Abraham commissioned Eleazer to find a bride for his son Isaac after Isaac’s offering on Mt. Moriah. The bride is brought to Isaac as Isaac is going out to meditate in the evening.
- Part 5: Rahab is removed from Jericho prior to it being burned for destruction.
- Part 6: Ruth is at the feet of Boaz near the threshing floor through the night.
- Part 7: Daniel is mysteriously absent while Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego refuse to worship a false image and are subsequently thrown into the fiery furnace for their refusal.
- Part 8: All mention of the church ceases from Revelation 6 through the rest of the tribulation described by the book. Those who are left on the earth are simply referred to as ‘those that dwell on the earth’.
© 2011-2013 David Christopher. This post along with all content on this site (except citations) is the property of davidchristopher.net and is made available for individual and personal use. Please give appropriate citation along with a link to the URL and the date it was obtained.